Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Thanks Richie,
It did, and I will ‘endeavor to persevere’.Howdy!
I’m a new poster and I’ve got a question regarding the spelling of altered dominates (alt chords). In some instances, I’ve noticed that some teachers will call an altered dominate chord a chord with both an altered 9th degree (b9 and/or #9) and altered 5th (b5 and/or #5). Others will refer to it as having the altered 9th with either an altered 4th (#4) and/or a flattened 13 (b13). So how does one differ between the use of b5 and/or #5) or #4 and/or b13?
I noticed in the scale & arpeggio library the super locrian (alt. dom.) scale pattern makes reference to #4 and #5 but not to b5 or b13. Yet in the Jazz blues etudes there is reference to b13 instead of #5.
I’ve been working through Vol 1 for over a year now and I’m not giving up!Dear Richie,
I’m a new student and an old(er) guitarist. I’ve purchased Band in a Box (BB) just for the BGIS lessons; but when I download one of the opus/etudes BB doesn’t seem to see it. I wonder what am I doing wrong? I’ve resorted to just using the mp3 files but since I’ve spent the money for BB I would like to use that. Can you help please?steve jones
-
AuthorPosts