Band in the box

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Jazz Etudes Band in the box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Johnny Gaspang
    Participant

I cannot watch Opus1 Blues w neighb tones_v1.MGU Because i chose windows media player over Internet explore to watch the video. I am trying to go back to the option box but i dont know how please advise.

Richie
      Keymaster

That is not a video, it is a Band in a Box file which can only be downloaded and opened in the Band in a Box program…

Johnny Gaspang
        Participant

When i opened up Opus 1 to download all it showed was words. Am i doing something wrong. Please advise.

Richie
          Keymaster

It usually does that when you don’t have Band in a Box installed. Do you?

Johnny Gaspang
            Participant

That I do not know. I am new to this. So if I have to install this Band in the box how do I do it.

Johnny Gaspang
              Participant

Where do I install Band in The Box from.

Richie
                Keymaster

You would need to purchase it from this link:

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Richie.
                  • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Richie.
                  Johnny Gaspang
                  Participant

That’s alright no need to answer

Steve Jones
                    Participant

Dear Richie,
                      I’m a new student and an old(er) guitarist. I’ve purchased Band in a Box (BB) just for the BGIS lessons; but when I download one of the opus/etudes BB doesn’t seem to see it. I wonder what am I doing wrong? I’ve resorted to just using the mp3 files but since I’ve spent the money for BB I would like to use that. Can you help please?

steve jones

Richie
                      Keymaster

Hi Steve,
                        Glad to help, but I will need more info as how you are trying to open the file. I assume that Band in a Box is installed and working? If so, after you downloaded the file are you navigating to the location in your hard drive where you downloaded it, from within Band in a Box (from the top menu “OPEN” and locate the file)? Finally, are you on a PC or a MAC?

J K Webb
                        Participant

The BIAB files for the Rhythm Lab are MGX files, I can get them to load on BIAB, but the Guitar track which has the rhythm notes does not appear to be receiving midi events. I can see the notes in the notation window, but the midi event meter does not reflect any events when I play the file. The rest of the tracks run appropriately. I made sure that the Guitar track is not muted nor set at 0 volume. I downloaded one of the OPUS files, which are MGU files and they work fine. I did some research on MGX files, which I have never run into before, but wasn’t able to figure how to get the melody track to work. I could use some guidance on the MGX files, or convert them to MGU files? Thanks for your help, Kelly

Richie
                          Keymaster

Hi Kelly,
                            I wish I could be of more help. Band in a Box is very different on Macs than on PCs. Unfortunately I’m not sure which platform you’re on. Even if it was on a PC which I am better familiar with, I really don’t know what can be going on.

From what you’re saying, it sounds like you might have the track in question set to a wrong midi channel. Try a different instrument or you might try experimenting with other styles to see if anything changes.

Richie
                            Keymaster

Kelly,

I just remembered that the rhythms are on the melody channel. Try setting it to channel 4 and it should work.

J K Webb
                              Participant

Thanks for your quick response. For what it’s worth, I use a MAC. I checked the channels, patches and styles, that’s not the problem. I believe the problem is the midi track. I attempted unsuccessfully to edit the midi file, there are a bunch on events preceding the notes and one event that’s before the start of the track. I tried to delete those events and it didn’t help, I can’t delete the event that precedes the file. Somewhere I think there is a midi event that is causing a problem and I can’t find it. I was able to get the midi notes within the editor to sound in edit mode for what that’s worth. I can get by with the mp3 files and if I need to I can create my own midi files. Thanks for your effort, Kelly

J K Webb
                                Participant

It took me five minutes to step edit and create my own BIAB midi file for all of Rhythm Lab 1. Don’t bother to spend any more time on this, creating my own files will give me additional insight into the rhythms. Thanks, Kelly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.