Carlos Figueroa

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jazz backing track apps #14703
    Carlos Figueroa
    Participant

      Hi David, I use both as well. Starting to work on standards with Richie so I really love to have some backing tracks recorded live by real musicians, I have even downloaded several tracks from Jamey Aebersold… that I then put into Logic Pro for slowing down, record lines over it etc.
      I like The Feel Book best so far, albeit the fewer songs, but as you say they keep adding weekly, besides I have seen Jonathan Kreisberg a few times and met him, tremendous player.
      I have been using BIAB for years, but again , nothing like real musicians recording full songs live.
      There is another cool tool out there that you may want to checkout: FarPlay, site is https://farplay.io/. A platform that allows to play remotely over the internet with others, real time, no delay. Super cool.
      Take care!
      Carlos Figueroa

      in reply to: Jazz backing track apps #14700
      Carlos Figueroa
      Participant

        Hi David, I use both as well. Starting to work on standards with Richie so I really love to have some backing tracks recorded live by real musicians, I have even downloaded several tracks from Jamey Aebersold… that I then put into Logic Pro for slowing down, record lines over it etc.

        I like The Feel Book best so far, albeit the fewer songs, but as you say they keep adding weekly, besides I have seen Jonathan Kreisberg a few times and met him, tremendous player.

        I have been using BIAB for years, but again , nothing like real musicians recording full songs live.

        There is another cool tool out there that you may want to checkout: FarPlay, site is https://farplay.io/. A platform that allows to play remotely over the internet with others, real time, no delay. Super cool.

        Take care!

        Carlos Figueroa

        in reply to: Introduction #14648
        Carlos Figueroa
        Participant

          Hi Tony!

          Please receive my belated “nice to meet you”.

          I do agree with you that it would be great to have more interaction between Richie’s students and beginner to intermediate players in general, and maybe even play together is possible.

          I don’t know what internet setup you have, but there is a platform https://farplay.io/ that allows to play remotely, with now delay/latency over the network sort of zoom on steroids. Check it out.

          Take care!

          -Carlos Figueroa

        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)