Which version of Band-in-a-Box to buy?

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Which version of Band-in-a-Box to buy?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gian Compuesto
    Participant

I have never used Band-in-a-Box before but I am planning on purchasing it to use for the rest of the course.

Would Band-in-a-Box Pro 2017 be sufficient to use for the course?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BIABPro17W

Richie
      Keymaster

Absolutely. The more expensive ones just have better audio quality and more real instrument samples. The important thing is the midi functionality which will play back the course files. You can always upgrade to a better version in the future.

Daniel Flood
        Participant

I’ve been thinking about buying the latest version of Band in a Box after trying a friend’s setup. I think they’ve streamlined it a lot in this version. A concern I have is which (or how many) of the real tracks you’d have to get? It looks like the sets cross over at times and I can see feeling like you’d have to buy a number of additional sets to get the variety you’d want for jazz playing.
          Does anyone care to share what specific sets ie. drum, keys, bass etc. would make for an entry level, good or great set of real tracks for backup? Do people just rely on certain styles with Midi backing? Not great sounding compared to the real tracks I didn’t think.
          Thanks in advance!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Daniel Flood.
          • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Daniel Flood.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.