What Tempo Should We Target for the Heptatonic Patterns?

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Heptatonic Fingering Patterns What Tempo Should We Target for the Heptatonic Patterns?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick Ketter
    Participant

Hi! I just joined and am tackling the first assignment, learning patterns 1, 4 and 5 in Mixolydian, both the scale and arpeggios.

My question is: At what tempo should we be able to play these, assuming eighth notes in 4/4 time? I can play them comfortably as eighth notes at 100 BPM. Is that fast enough to move on to the next video? Or should I get these to a faster tempo first?

Relatedly, I guess I have this question about all of the material? Is there a minimum tempo we should be able to play any/all of the assignments at before moving on to the next?

Thanks!

Richie
      Keymaster

Hi Nick,
        The important thing is to play the patterns at a consistent tempo. Also, it is very important to be aware of what scale degrees you are playing at this point, which is something you won’t be able to do if you are playing fast! So for now, slow to medium consistent execution of the material is far more valuable. This holds true for all the material!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.