Unprepared approaches

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Unprepared approaches

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Don Watson
    Participant

Hi Richie

Looking at the Arpeggio Frameworks I just noticed that in creating our own exercises, you suggest that we don’t use an unprepared approach for the first note in the bar unless it’s tied from the previous bar. Before I noticed this I’d used unprepared approaches a few times, particularly for Rhythm Templates which start with an eighth note rest followed by an eighth note such as no 18 (four notes) and no 20 (five notes).

I also noticed that the Etudes to illustrate uprepared approaches use an unprepared approach as the first note. Is there some reason related to the Arpeggio Framework not to use them.

Don

Richie
      Keymaster

I think you are taking this out of the context of the specific given exercise and misinterpreting it. This instruction on p.53 is only for the given set of rhythms and specific framework so that the resolutions will work and so that the approach will always fall on one of the included 8th notes and not one of the larger values.

Don Watson
        Participant

Gotcha, that’s what I was wondering, whether the advice was specific to the exercise. Just thought it was better to check. Thanks Richie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.