Unified Fingering System

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Heptatonic Fingering Patterns Unified Fingering System

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Robert Stralka
    Participant

Oh, sorry! It wasn’t my intent to start mayhem…

@ Rob — I don’t play it this way, I just drew it the wrong way. I changed it, and realized, that the graphic obviously isn’t embedded in the post, it is linked to my server. So I updated the file and it should be ok now in my first post #3171.

@ James — You’re right! First module has patterns 1, 4 and 5–which is what I am working on. When I was drawing the diagram, I decided to do them all, so I shouldn’t start again later. I made another version showing the position of the intervals 3 and b7, reduced it to patterns 1, 4 and 5 for you:

Mixo Patterns 1,4,5

Robert

Richie
      Keymaster

James, I think what Robert is referring to is the general concept of Heptatonic Fingerings introduced in Module 1 and not that you have to learn them all now.

Robert MacKillop, I’m not sure I understand what you are referring to…I’m not seeing what you see…unless he corrected it and posted a new diagram…

Richie
        Keymaster

Ok…now it’s clear!

Rob
          Participant

Just one more thing, Robert. Your fingering for pattern 7 differs from Ritchie’s. He has the upper octave 6th on the second string, while you have it on the third. Just thought I’d better mention it.

Robert Stralka
            Participant

Your fingering for pattern 7 differs from Ritchie’s. He has the upper octave 6th on the second string, while you have it on the third. Just thought I’d better mention it.

@ Rob — I shouldn’t have drawn all the shapes before actually learning them. Now I checked all seven fingerings on Richie’s original PDF’s, the diagram in posting #3171 is corrected. Thanks for taking care, Rob! My diagrams are supposed to be helpful — in the first place they are for me. And of course the should show exactly what Richie is teaching.

Robert

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.