Tips to organize chord, scales and arpeggios that connnects to the fingerings?

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Tips to organize chord, scales and arpeggios that connnects to the fingerings?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kjetil Moland
    Participant

Hi 🙂

Im am trying to figure out a way to organize and «connect» different chords with fingerings, scales and arpeggios where the root of the chords starts on the 6th, 5th and 4th string.

I am thinking of starting at Cmaj7 on the 4 lower strings (6543), 4 middle strings (5432) and 4 upper strings (4321), and play the corresponding fingerings. Then maybe do the same with the drop-2 versions of Cmaj7 (6432, 5321 etc)

Next would be Cdom7, then Cmin7, then Cm7b5, then Cdim in the same steps as Cmaj7.

I think this would help me remember both the chords and scales/arpeggios, but also see the «bigger picture» when changing from a major, to a dominant, to a minor, to a minor b5, to a diminished chord in regards to where the 1, 3, 5 and 7th notes are and when they change position. I have been working a lot with the dom7 scale/arpeggio/fingerings in position 1,4 and 5, and starting to «see» where the chord tones are which makes it easier to see which finger/note that has to be moved/changed to play over a minor or major chord. I am not sure if this makes sense for anyone..

Any suggestions how to approach this? Or is this just a waste of time?

Kjetil Moland
      Participant

Never mind. I found the answer in the Chord Scale mapping videos 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.