Summary of Bebop Calisthenics 1A

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) PDF Book, Video & Audio Errata Reports Summary of Bebop Calisthenics 1A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michel Giroux
    Participant

i have watched the video many times and compared the written descriptions of the exercises to build a cross reference of the videos and exercises numbers. In doing so, i noticed, (unless i totally missed something here), that Summary item 4 is in error and it appears that there is a missing element in the summary for video 11 (exercise 7) entitled Upper NT for 3 and b7.

Summary item 4 should read Lower CH NT for 1 and NT for 5 and the figure should show b7 instead of CH.

/Users/Michel/Pictures/Calisthenics 1A.pdf
      not sure if the pdf of the scan will find its way here

Richie
      Keymaster

Hi Michel,

Item #4 in the summary should read Lower CH NT for 1 and 5. Therefore the ch before 1 is correct.
        I had corrected this several weeks. Who knows, maybe I forgot to upload it!?

As far as the video goes, I will check it out. However, I will be redoing the video in the near future to match the summary’s in the workbook. Thanks!

Richie
        Keymaster

Just checked the summary PDF that is on the site and everything is correct. You must be looking at an outdated copy. Also, not sure what you are referring to by video #11 as the video with that number is not the Calisthenics video. Did you mean video #6?

Also, please do not try to match the online calisthenics to the Workbook summaries. They are definitely different and independent of each other.

Michel Giroux
          Participant

This is extremely confusing! I am trying to make sure i practice the right stuff. That is the reason is am spending so much time cross referencing the exercises with the summary and the videos. I am starting to get tired of doing this and will soon just ignore the videos and the written exercises and only work using the summary using the intervalic script, if that is the right thing to do. But i do not know if i can trust the summary anymore. I have spent the whole weekend trying to figure this out.

I made a mistake when i said video 4 and 9 did not match summary 4. I meant to write exercise 4 and 9 in video 6 do not match summary item 4. I watched again the exercise 4 from the video (which is the repeat exercise under exercise #2 in the workbook) and exercise 9 from the video (which is repeat exercise under exercise #5 in the workbook) at time 23’48”
            and this is clearly Lower Chromatic tone for 5 and diatonic neighboring tone for 1, yet the summary says CH NT for 1 and 5.

As far as the video 11, i made the same mistake as above: i meant to refer to exercise 11 in video 6 entitled Upper NT for 3 and b7 (ascending). This exercise did not find its way in the summary and is numbered #7 in the workbook.

Exercise 11 and 20 from the video were only shown ascending. (not a big deal but thought i would mention it to be thorough)

Richie
            Keymaster

Again, please do not try to match the online calisthenics to the Workbook summaries. They are definitely different and independent of each other. However, they are correct, unless you try to correlate them to the video, which you shouldn’t.

The video is just an introduction to initially teach you how to play the calisthenics in general.It teaches the “procedure” and includes many more exercises than those included in the workbook. Once you have watched it and even played along with it, you should be practicing with the summary in the workbook and not the video.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.