Suggestion to use standard labeling nomenclature for left hand

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Heptatonic Fingering Patterns Suggestion to use standard labeling nomenclature for left hand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Navdeep_Singh
    Participant

My only suggestion to improve this course is to use the standard left-hand nomenclature that is been universally excepted by guitarists since Segovia and even before Segovia in labeling the fingers of the left hand

1-2-3-4.

That makes much more sense than index, middle, ring and pinky. Since I’ve never been married, I actually had to think which one is the ring finger ?

Since this course is only is about lines, The standard right-hand nomenclature is a relevant (PIMA).

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Navdeep_Singh.
      Rob
      Participant

I have to agree with Navdeep, Ritchie. It is confusing. I guess you don’t want more numbers near the tab numbers. Still, it is confusing. Also, the word “pinkie” is not universal in English. It’s actually a Scots word, transported to the USA. Many English people don’t know what it is, although they are learning 🙂

Jazzy Beatle
        Participant

No big deal! Not worth the time to change it now. Index, middle, ring, and pinky sound pretty universal to me. Avoiding two sets of numbers on the tab is a good idea, and we don’t have to use classical nomenclature.

BrokenFingers
          Participant

Since the prior post were from 2015 and the labeling has not changed, it’s clear that it won’t. However, as a new member to this course, I find the labeling an unnecessary annoyance and agree with the OP. Otherwise, I’m really enjoying this course so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.