rythm template 1 option 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pete Ridley
    Participant

rythm template 1 option 2 by Pete Ridley

In some other postings the video would play right here, w/o having to go to youtube.
      I wonder how they did that?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Richie
      Keymaster

Thanks Pete, it’s an improvement over the first one! If you can, please download the newest version of the Lesson book from the dashboard. On p.36 there is a new Rhythm Templates checklist you can go through which will help you find some details you can improve.

My only concern is your fingerings. I’m curious to know why you are not using the ones prescribed?

Pete Ridley
        Participant

Thanks, I just downloaded the new versions. I’m using patterns 1, and 4 mixolydian as on page 17. Or at least I thought I was? Maybe I use the second finger instead of the third somewhere out of old habit? Is that what you mean?

Cheers

Pete Ridley
          Participant

Sorry, I meant patterns 1, 4 and 5 of course.

Richie
            Keymaster

I mentioned the fingerings because you change them most of the time when you play a neighboring tone. Instead of stretching to the next string below, you move your hand back and forth out of the current pattern. This will create a series of problems down the road when the approach note concepts get more complex.

Pete Ridley
              Participant

Understood – I’ll try to avoid that. Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.