rythm template 1 option 1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pete Ridley
    Participant

My first rythm template 🙂
      rythm template 1 option 1 by Pete Ridley

I have attached the intervallic script.
      Not sure if I should have used more arrows for the octave changes?

Cheers, Pete

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Pete Ridley
      Participant

I just realized there is a mistake in the last bar – I’m thinking I7 instead of V7. Will re-record this. Right now I’m moving this around on the fretboard into all 7 fingering models which is a nice exercise.

Richie
        Keymaster

Hi Pete,

Thanks for posting!
          I looked at your attachment and watched the video. Now, I don’t mean to sound harsh but your RT has many errors! Sorry, but too many to go into detail here. All I can suggest is that you go back over the fundamentals such as proper voice leading at the point of chord change and use of guide tones. Also, your note choices are poor in the development of the solos overall flow. Furthermore some of your fingerings are wrong. That said, I wouldn’t practice this in all fingerings as you would only be reinforcing lots of bad habits.

Again, I don’t want to sound discouraging but I feel you could use some “one on one” guidance to go over all the details you might be misunderstanding.

Pete Ridley
          Participant

rythm template 1 option 1 corr.

I worked through the basics again and found and corrected the following errors
            – I forgot all the ‘b’s in b7 in the notation
            – most of my cord changes went to a 5 or 1 instead of a 3 or b7
            – added arrows indicating octave changes

Attachments:
            Pete Ridley
            Participant

and its fingering model 1, which I forgot to mention in the pdf…

Richie
              Keymaster

Unfortunately you are sending me a transcription with no notation of the intervals and the approach note concepts prescribed, which is what truly matters here. Therefore I have no clue how you are thinking in terms of both approach and target notes. When you put it in regular notation, it becomes key dependent and it is much harder to see the underlying melodic structure at first glance without going into heavy, time consuming analysis which requires constantly having to refer to the original RT.

I think you might be missing the point of the concept. The idea is to simply do the assignment in the provided RTs and then just read the intervallic script. If you are reading TAB, you won’t learn how to think in intervals and apply the concepts to improvise which the RTs help mentally train you for.

Pete Ridley
                Participant

Sorry my bad I meant to send the intervallic script but didn’t.

Attachments:
                  Pete Ridley
                  Participant

So the attachment to my last post is the intervallic script. Hope that leaves no open ends.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.