Rhythm lab question Module 1

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Rhythm lab question Module 1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    guitarplayer007
    Participant

Are we suppose to play the 8th notes as the triplets with the first and 2 note tied together for this exercise? And if so is there a demonstration of this?
      thx
      ken

Richie
      Keymaster

Yes, you are supposed to play them as “swing” 8th notes. The video on Rhythm Lab 1 demonstrates how the whole exercise should sound and has a visual depiction of the downbeats and upbeats. In addition there is an MP3 that you can download to listen and play along with the exercise if needed. Downloads

guitarplayer007
        Participant

Thanks Richie

guitarplayer007
          Participant

Your referring to these I guess

Rhythm Lab 1: Basic Rhythms in G-80bpm
            Rhythm Lab 1: Basic Rhythms in G-115bpm

Richie
            Keymaster

Yes!

guitarplayer007
              Participant

Wish you had a video of you showing how to actually play these swing notes

Richie
                Keymaster

I will try to add an addendum of me playing them to the Rhythm Lab 1 video, in the near future. I honestly don’t know how much this will help, because you need to hear it to get the feel of it. All 8th notes in medium mainstream jazz have this feel, so if you listen to a lot of players you shouldn’t have a problem assimilating it. I will still make the video mainly to show my right hand and how to count it out as you pick.

guitarplayer007
                  Participant

Thanks Richie, I’m really digging the site and telling others about it. I’ve joined several sites in the past, but they never took you from basic to advanced with a real pathway to get good like your method seems to do. Hopefully in the next 12 months I will finally start to sound like a Jazz guitarist!!!
                    Thanks again
                    ken

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.