Regular Notation vs. Tabs

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Regular Notation vs. Tabs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kurt Acosta
    Participant

Hello Richie,

My progress has become slow mainly due to me forcing myself to read using regular notation. I’m currently at Etude #28 and I find myself taking more time reading than internalizing the concepts by the etude.

I know that reading in regular notation would be beneficial in the long run but would you think that it’d be prudent to stick with tabs now and tackle the concepts you’re trying to impart then learn regular notation after finishing the course, or would recommend for me to take it slow and get accustomed to regular notation while digesting the concepts in this course? I’m really interested to learn regular notation but I’m taking days to learn 4 bars due to reading and finding the note in my fretboard based on the pattern specified where I could’ve done it in minutes through tab then internalize it with the intervallic script after.

Thanks in advance!

Kurt Acosta
      Participant

If someone’s wondering, I spent time practicing reading a lot and and it was a slow process but now I feel more connected to the music being able to read notes and connect it with my instrument. I can say it’s worth it even if I can only read at a slow pace.

I practiced note identication 2 minutes each day and picked a random page on a real book and just try to play the melody to practice reading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.