question about predatory exercises

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Ear Training Lab question about predatory exercises

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeffrey Gee
    Participant

Im currently working on the predatory exercises on p. 6-14 of the module 1 workbook. Im curious as the checklist does not specify weather I need to memorize them or just be able to play them comfortably along with the biab file. …Im able to play them comfortably yet Im still reading from the Chart. Im curious when I can put a checkmark on the item & move forward…Thanks in advance:)……Jeff

Richie
      Keymaster

You don’t have to memorize them. As long as you can play them at a steady medium tempo correctly, you are good. Just be sure you can read the interval script which is what you want to focus on learning for the mindset required to improvise.

jeffrey Gee
        Participant

Thanks….Im currently working on sight reading and ear training at the same time Im doing this course. My goal is to be able to integrate all of my knowledge (sight reading,ear training and improvisation) to cultivate a well rounded skill set as I progress. Intervallic script seems like a great way to combine ear-training and sight reading skills at once… I don’t know how perfect Ill get the balance but it seems like a worthwhile endeavor:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.