Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Roxas
    Participant

Regarding Ear training lab 1. What sort of self test can i make In order to move on to the next lesson.Thanks

Richie
      Keymaster

That’s a good question. The strategy or test is going to vary depending on the complexity of intervals. Basically, to start out I suggest that you first record yourself singing various intervals against a given root (maybe played with your guitar) and then listen back and check with your guitar to see if you sang the right pitch.

Another alternative is to skip the recording process altogether and simply play a given root with your guitar and then sing specific intervals, one at a time. After singing, for example a perfect 5th, play the perfect 5th with your guitar to check if your voice matched the pitch. Believe me, if it’s off, you’ll hear it!

By the way, find a range on the guitar that is not way to low or too high for your specific vocal range. If needed you can sing the intervals in falsetto. Remember, you are not training to be a vocalist. You just want it to be in fairly in tune.

Brian Roxas
        Participant

Noted. Thanks for your reply Richie 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.