Picking

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Technique Picking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gian Compuesto
    Participant

Richie,

Do you know if the pick strokes are important when determining what lines to play? I was thinking of multi-tasking and learning the Chuck Wayne (Consecutive-Alternate) method while I work through the course. I am currently in Module 1.

Richie
      Keymaster

Hi Gian,

I am familiar with Chuck Wayne’s technique as I had a student that studied with Chuck for a long period of time and introduced me to his picking technique, which by the way is great!
        Yes, if you can do that and adapt it to the material in this course, it will be very beneficial at least in the long run.
        I don’t feature any picking techniques in this course, because most players are already well accustomed to a certain school of picking and there is enough to learn as it is.

I got into economy picking after years of playing straight “alternate” picking and it took me several years to be able to combine both without stumbling. As a matter of fact, I went through a period of 6 months where my right hand was confused with all the new moves and I could not play properly. I almost quit and went back to straight “alternate” picking. So, this is why I am hesitant to include these techniques here.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.