New question

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Bebop Calisthenics New question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    guitarplayer007
    Participant

For Bebop Calisthenics #2A, the only difference I see is the last few pages. Are we suppose to work on that now or that for minor chords?
      thx
      Ken

Richie
      Keymaster

I’m not too sure I understand the question…
        If you are in Module 3, you’re only supposed to be doing the calisthenics for the mixolydian.(anything additional is up to you, if you have the time and already know the other scales and corresponding fingerings)

If you download the assignment sheet from the PDF Downloads for Module 3, it is very explicit as to what pages in each book to work on, and in what order for the current lesson module.

guitarplayer007
        Participant

Under the bebop Cal #2, there are two PDF’s
          Download: Bebop Calisthenics 2a Calisthenics 2 (for all modes)
          The PDF Calisthenics 2 (for all modes) looks identical to Bebop Cal 2A except for the the last few pages were it talks about the Dorian mode?

This is on that PDF in module 3 under all modes

SUMMARY OF BEBOP CALISTHENICS #2b:
          Arpeggios with Unprepared Approach Tones
          DORIAN ( 1- 2 – b3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – b7 )
          The following exercises may be applied to any of the 7 fingering patterns.
          Thx
          Ken

Richie
          Keymaster

Yes you are correct. However, you only need to do the Calisthenics 2a for the Mixolydian. The additional ones are there for future reference, just so you’ll have them. This is also complete in in the Workbook download for this module. I am going to take the ones under the video down to avoid confusion and because it is redundant to have it in both places.

Thanks for alerting me to this…

guitarplayer007
            Participant

Your welcome:)
              Ken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.