module 2 rhythm lab

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Rhythm Lab module 2 rhythm lab

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steve Alexander
    Participant

Hi,

I am not noticing a corresponding page in the workbook for Rhythm lab 2, Rhythmic Cells, exercises 2, 3 and 4?

Richie
      Keymaster

That’s because there isn’t one. That is exclusive to the online course. You are supposed to download the PDFs below the initial video for all the exercises.

steve Alexander
        Participant

Yes I have downloaded all the material from below the first video in Module 2, still not seeing these pdf’s. This is what you say in the assignment sheet;

14-Watch the following Rhythm Lab Videos and perform the corresponding exercises
          (PDFs & Audio files available for download under each video) in order to master the various
          syncopated rhythms you will encounter from here on:
          Video #20
          Video #21
          Video #22
          Video #23

There are only sound files available for #21, #22, #23. There seems to be nothing after “syncopated Rhythms 2 on page 45.

steve Alexander
          Participant

Also trying to make sense of video #21 without the pdf am I correct in noticing that you are starting the first note on an upbeat?

Richie
            Keymaster

It’s all there!

Video #20 has the one PDF link to rhythm cell exercises 1-4, plus 2 mp3s.
              Video’s #21, 22 & 23 all have 2 mp3 links below each one…

The mp3s for syncopated rhythms 2 are available separately in the rhythm lab section of general downloads for all the book related files. Only non-book special bonus files are usually placed under their corresponding videos.

steve Alexander
              Participant

Thanks ok got it,

did you also see my question about starting on the upbeat?

Richie
                Keymaster

Yes, it starts on the upbeat..

steve Alexander
                  Participant

How would you know that form the notation?

Richie
                    Keymaster

you have to subdivide in 8th notes (1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and)… If the first 8th note which always starts on a downbeat is a rest,as in this case, that means that whatever starts where the 2nd 8th note should be (or the “and of 1), is starting on the upbeat. Maybe the fact that it is a value larger than an 8th note on the upbeat, is confusing you…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.