Missing Notation for Descending Upper Double Chromatic b3 and b7

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Bebop Calisthenics Missing Notation for Descending Upper Double Chromatic b3 and b7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Ketter
    Participant

Hi Richie,
      In the version 5.4 of the Bebop Workbook, between pages 72-79, it seems to be missing notation for descending upper double chromatic approaches for b3 and b7.

Am I overlooking it?

Thanks as always!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Nick Ketter.
      Richie
      Keymaster

Hi Nick,

The Calisthenics are in no way meant to be an exhaustive collection of all the possible permutations of each exercise. There is only so much you can fit into a book in order to keep it under a given amount of pages.

If you follow the summary of each calisthenic, that will give you a good workout of what the exercise is trying to teach you. You are free to experiment with other combinations once you understand the concept. 🙂

Nick Ketter
        Participant

Thanks Richie. I guess I misunderstood how the book is laid out. I was under the impression that for each of the calisthenics listed on the summary pages, you could find corresponding fingerings/notation in the pages that precede the summary.

So, in the instance of calisthenics 4A, #2 (upper double chromatic b7 and b3) on the summary page 80, there would be a corresponding fingering/notation in pages 72-79.

Thanks!

Richie
          Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I am aware of what you are saying! However, if you go back to the instructions in the Workbook for using the calisthenics on p.17, you’ll notice that I pointed this out and cautioned users about expecting all the combinations and fingerings to be included in the exercises.

Please read the very last paragraph on p.17 which starts with “IMPORTANT” (in caps).

Nick Ketter
            Participant

Ah, fair enough! In my defense, I last read p.17 9 months ago when I first started the course. 🙂

Thanks Richie!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.