M or R finger in Pattern 1?

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Heptatonic Fingering Patterns M or R finger in Pattern 1?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

On page 29 in the scale and arpeggio book, it says to use the ring finger for the Mixolydian pattern 1.

This is extremely awkward since it means a massive stretch between the r and p finger.

However, Richie plays this with the middle finger in the lesson 1 video on heptatonic fingerings.

On page 17 in the same book this is said to be optional. But what is the recommendation?

Reason for asking: Playing the dominant arpeggio in Pattern 1 requires using r, unless I play the 5th (C) on the third string with p – which I find much easier.

Tormod Guldvog
      Participant

I just realized that the first part of my post was answered before, here:

Finger stretches

So concluding from that post it is okay to use either finger, but r is recommended.

But I am still curious about the fingering for the dominant 7 arpeggio in pattern #1. 🙂

Tormod Guldvog
        Participant

Sorry I think I confused myself…the arpeggio is pretty self explanatory when using r. 🙂 I guess I need a break.

Richie
          Keymaster

Glad you figured it out! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.