Have many questions…Just signed up

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Have many questions…Just signed up

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    guitarplayer007
    Participant

Still not understanding the PDF’s, for example…The 7 Fingering Models PDF Understanding Vertical relationships…. I don’t see the actual pattern printed out for these Arpeggios? I see you playing them on the video. Are we suppose to figure it out ourselves?.
      Thx
      Ken

Frank Maurer
      Participant

The scale and arpeggio patterns can be found in the Scales & Arpeggio Library. You are directed to this library in one of the videos.

guitarplayer007
        Participant

I wish it was really written out somewhere on how to proceed exactly, in addition where are the actual 7 hepatonic fingerings, all I see is some vague chart…but no actual fingerings.
          I joined the platinum, didn’t think I would need to use one of my skype lessons just to figure out how to proceed.
          Thx
          Ken

Frank Maurer
          Participant

I had a little bit of trouble as well with the pdfs. They all seem to be extracts of 3 books.
            The Lesson book
            The Work Book
            The Scales & Arpeggio book

Now these book most likely cover all 9 modules so for module 1 only a part of these books are available.

The main downloads for Module 1 are
            Lesson 1.pdf
            Module 1 Workbook.pdf
            Module 1 Heptatonic System.pdf

All other pdfs associated with video lessons are extracts from the above books.
            Would probably have been better to just refer you to the relevant pages in the lesson. work or scale book.

Once you reach video 10 (Introducing Patterns 1, 4 and 5) you are directed to the Scale & Arpeggio Library where you7 can download the scale & arpeggio patterns for module 1.

Reading the Lesson 1 pdf gives you the path to proceed. It refers you to the work book when necessary.
            Took me a while to figure all this out.

guitarplayer007
            Participant

Hi Frank,
              Thanks for the insight…Hopefully I can figure it out. I agree there should have been either just 1 book with all lessons for module 1, then the video or something else could direct to what page the lesson is on. With this method I feel like I’m all over the place…There’s PDF’s under videos, but thos seem to be parts of the other main PDF possibly…When I was first printing them out I was was wondering why some start on page 11.
              Ken

Are you just starting out with this program?

Frank Maurer
              Participant

Yes I signed up yesterday

guitarplayer007
                Participant

Cool, I signed up Friday…Are you new to jazz?
                  I’ve been studying Jazz about 5 years, but my improv is still crap…been playing blues and rock forever…lol
                  Ken

Frank Maurer
                  Participant

I’ve been doing it for 10 years now and also still crap!

Frank Maurer
                    Participant

I used to play classical guitar a long, long time ago. At least with blues and rock there is some improv! Not in classical so improv is giving me a really hard time!

Richie
                      Keymaster

Hi Ken,

The actual fingering patterns for all the modes are not printed out or shown in Module#1. This would be exhaustive! What is taught here is the fingering concept that will be employed. After several videos that explain the Heptatonic System in detail, in video #10, I teach the 3 Mixolydian fingering patterns that we will be using initially. I also direct you to the Scale & Arpeggio Library where you will be able to view and download the current fingerings we will be working with. These modes & patterns are introduced gradually throughout the course, so that by module 9 you have a good working understanding of how to use them together throughout the fretboard.

In the dashboard when you first login, you will find a link to download a checklist for the entire course. This will give you a picture of what order everything in the course will be presented and in which of the 3 book PDFs to find them. Also, as stated at the top of the Module, please watch the videos in the given order!

Finally, the PDF downloads contain the Lesson Book, Workbook and Scale & Arpeggios Book portions that correspond to the current Lesson module.

As stated in the dashboard, If you feel that the content in the module is not enough to keep you busy because you feel you are more advanced, you have the option to request that all the modules be activated at once. I normally don’t recommend this because as soon as module 2 opens up, the content and exercises will become more and more challenging and I don’t want to overwhelm you. However, without knowing your level of proficiency, I cannot judge what is best regarding your pace of learning.

I want to thank you for your questions and feedback! Although I have used the material in the books successfully in the live classroom environment, this is a brand new online course and I am open to learn and implement what is best for its participants. As a result, I will produce a video this coming week which I will place in the dashboard clarifying all these points for future newcomers!

Let me know if this answers your questions and do not hesitate to let me know if you have more!

Richie

guitarplayer007
                        Participant

Thanks Richie, I was wondering because you have videos about the Hepatontic scales…But also recalled you stating that we would use the blues to begin with.
                          So Do I just work on the mixolydian lydian scale against blues…. I guess what I’m asking is what am I working on in the first Module…Thats what i’m not exactly clear about.
                          Thanks
                          Ken

guitarplayer007
                          Participant

Hi Richie,
                            One more question…Can you write out a list of things we are actually working on for Module 1.
                            Because I’m still not exactly clear on what the main focus of module 1 is.
                            thx
                            ken

guitarplayer007
                            Participant

Richie,
                              I don’t see anything called Dashboard and can’t find the check list.
                              thx
                              ken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.