For Review: Rhythm Template #1, Option #1

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Rhythm Templates & Original Etudes/Solos For Review: Rhythm Template #1, Option #1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Ketter
    Participant

Hi Richie,
      Here’s my first attempt at the first rhythm template, option #1.

I want to make sure I’m doing this right before proceeding onto the next one and working on increasing my tempo.

Performance: https://youtu.be/43FsSHYfDI4

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Richie
      Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I tried to watch the video but YouTube says it is private. So I just looked at the RT and found several problems.

First of all, you are showing resolution from CTs to approach tones with the horizontal arrows, which tells me you are not entirely understanding the theory. It’s the other way around, only approach tones resolve to CTs! You aren’t showing if you change 8ve’s with vertical arrows, so it is sometimes hard to understand where the interval is played. Also, your choice of notes could be a lot better. Unfortunately that is something too lengthy to go over here, which is why I recommend “one on one” lessons. Also, you need the proper feedback, otherwise you are going to risk spending lots of time practicing something that might be wrong.

Either way, this is just your first one and it takes writing several of them, before you can get all the concepts down and get them to sound good! For now, all can do is I advise that you review the tips on p.36 of the latest Lesson Book, and watch some of the initial demonstration videos.

Nick Ketter
        Participant

Thanks very much for the feedback Richie.

Not sure why the video link didn’t work. I’ve changed it to “unlisted”: https://youtu.be/43FsSHYfDI4

I just discovered that we can skip chord tones. For some reason I thought we were constrained to not moving more than a 3rd. So that should help my note choices on the next one.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.