Flashcards for Calisthenics drills

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Bebop Calisthenics Flashcards for Calisthenics drills

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Stralka
    Participant

My Bebop Calisthenics diagrams evolved into flashcards:

Each of the Calisthenics diagrams is printed on a single paper card. The idea is: mix them up, woodshed on the first one, put it away, drill on the next one, and so on… I started using it like this:

-> one card per practice session/day
      -> work through the diagram in three different fingering for Blues chords I7, IV7 and V7
      -> take a backing track or record a blues comping into my looper
      -> work through the diagram over the backing in a linear fashion, if possible: change from one fingering to the next by using the nearest chord tone
      -> try to improvise over the backing track with the pattern of the day

Maybe this could be helpful for somebody. I have put the layout onto my web server (the second one for people living in areas with strange dimensions, it is the American letter format 8.5 x 11 inches):

Paper Format DIN A4
      Paper Format Letter

Each page contains 8 equal sized cards. If you don’t have a paper cutter, you can fold the sheets into exact halves and slit along the fold with a knife; repeat with the halves until it is done. A lot of work, but for me it is worth it.

Robert

ps The PDF files contain the Bebop Calisthenics 1..4. That’s where I stick in my development. If I am able to advance, I will update the PDFs.

Matt Helbing
      Participant

Thanks, Robert! This should be helpful to make sure I don’t get too rusty with older concepts.

Mike Bryant
        Participant

Thanks for these Calisthenics templates Robert.
          Much appreciated.

Mike

Daniel Flood
          Participant

Robert,
            Thank you for sharing. I’ll check them out!
            Dan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.