First 4 Studies Video

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Jazz Etudes First 4 Studies Video

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Granada
    Participant

Hi
      Just finished Study number 4 and decided to post here a video of the first 4 studies.
      The video is not listed on youtube ,so it only will be available to members of this forum.

Richie ,hope you don t mind posting this studies .

4 Blues studies in C

Cheers

Miguel

Richie
      Keymaster

Great job Miguel! Feel free to share more as you move forward. Also, don’t be afraid to throw in some slides into the notes for occasional embellishment.

I am thinking of adding a section called “showcase” where I can post videos of students playing their original etudes (the rhythm templates). I have a few students that have written some very nice etudes using the rhythm templates. We can all learn from them…

Regards,

Richie

Miguel Granada
        Participant

Thank you Richie, the Showcase Section would be a good idea.
          Cheers

guitarplayer007
          Participant

Yes I look to see that as well.
            ken

guitarplayer007
            Participant

I just watched your videos Miguel, very nice !!!
              Ken

Miguel Granada
              Participant

Thank you Ken !!

guitarplayer007
                Participant

YW Miguel,

Do you record directly from your computer, I’ve always just used a webcam and sound quality isn’t great. Can you tell me how you did your recordings?
                  Thx
                  ken

Miguel Granada
                  Participant

Sure Ken

I use a Behringer Mixer UB1202FX going to the LINE IN on PC . So Guitar plugged direct to Mixer (you can also connect guitar direct to LINE IN).

To record the video i use Windows Media Encoder (nice little software from microsoft). Doing the video i have the option to record audio from the webcam (i have a logitech hd webcam), or from LINE IN (which i use).

If i have to play over a backing track, which is the case ,i use my Samsung galaxy tablet to play the backing track going to the mixer . Resuming , anything that goes through the mixer can be recorded with cd ,dvd quality on the PC.

If i have to edit the video ,i use Sony Vegas 12.

Hope this helps, any question feel free to ask.

Miguel

guitarplayer007
                    Participant

So are you recording the video separate from audio and if so how do you sync it up?
                      Thx
                      Ken

Miguel Granada
                      Participant

Nope , i m recording the video and audio with Windows Media Encoder. On this software you have the option to record audio from the Webcam or from the LINE IN.

guitarplayer007
                        Participant

Thanks Miguel

andrew
                          Participant

New to this series — thanks for posting this Miguel. It’s really helpful to me to see and hear others doing the exercises I am working through.

Best, Andrew

Miguel Granada
                            Participant

Thank you Andrew, welcome and good luck with the course !!

Robbie Chan
                              Participant

Hello all!

I’m excited to show you my recording of the first 3 etudes + 2 written using the rhythm template.
                                I look forward learning and recording the upcoming etudes. The etudes are a good help in internalizing the chord tones and thinking in scale degrees.

Please forgive the poor editing. Any feedback is more than welcome!
                                Opus 1 – 3

Thanks

Richie
                                Keymaster

Sounds good Robbie! Look forward to hearing more rhythm templates as this is what reveals how you are thinking and combining the notes. However, try to include your written templates so I can follow along and make sure you are really using the prescribed approaches correctly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.