Buffering videos

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Buffering videos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Manolo Garcia
    Participant

I have a fast internet connection, but I’m experiencing a lot of buffering when playing the videos. It only happens with this website.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Richie
      Keymaster

I haven’t gotten any other reports of this happening in the past except for a remote few who had slower connections and maybe only experience it during peak hours. I personally have never had any problems, not even on my mobile and when I have watched on different students computers (at least locally), it has always been very smooth.

The videos are hosted professionally on Vimeo who are reputedly one of the best for video and used by lots of film industry professionals to have private screenings. From all the research I’ve done, most problems are usually with the individual user’s ISP and how it relays the information. This will vary from location to location around the world, depending on many variables.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help but this one is out of my hands. However, here is some troubleshooting that is often done:

1.Try watching the videos in non HD resolution. If this solves the problem, you’ll know that you don’t really have the speed required for HD and you might consider upgrading to a faster connection with your ISP, if available.

2.The other is to watch at different times of the day to see if there is a change…try middle of the morning, middle of the afternoon and late at night. If you notice the problem is gone or there is less buffering, this means that your ISP is experiencing slower speeds at peak hours when too many people are using the internet …the classic bottleneck.

Manolo Garcia
        Participant

Thanks for your reply, Richie. I’m in London and my internet provider is Virgin Media (a huge company over here), but as you say I’ll try different times and also different browsers (I’m currently browsing with Opera).

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.