Bebop Calisthenics 5A

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Bebop Calisthenics Bebop Calisthenics 5A

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mdhakr
    Participant

Richie, not to make any assumptions, but Number 3 could be followed by “Lower SA and upper double chromatic for b3,” but you didn’t put it in due to space considerations? The missing number 4 actually sounds less chromatic and more inside if one plays it.

Jack

Richie
      Keymaster

Yes, what you are suggesting is simply the reverse of #3 and you are correct, it wasn’t included due to lack of space. Nonetheless, now that you are aware of it, you can include it in your practice routine! 🙂

mdhakr
        Participant

In fact, initially for the first few modules, I looked at the elaborated calisthenics. As of late, I’m only looking at the summary. Going back to the elaborated versions for a peek, in fact, you suggest inverting the order as above.

mdhakr
          Participant

Possible Errata, correct me if I’m wrong.

Bebop Calisthenics 5A Exercise 4 Pattern 4 Dorian 3 note enclosure.

You seem to be playing an extra b7 (Eb) on the G string descending which seemingly should not be there when comparing it when playing pattern 2 on exercise 4. Is this correct?

Even so, the extra note creates a symmetry between the 2 phrases that is slightly off without it.

Also ascending, you’re playing an upper double chromatic instead of lower.

Jack.

Richie
            Keymaster

Hi Jack,

Yes you are correct on both counts. I played the b7 twice descending for symmetry, however when I’m ascending it is a definite error and a double chromatic instead, as you state. I will fix these and post a new version in the next couple of days. I will also take the opportunity to include exercise 5, which as I state on the video, I erroneously left out. This is what happens when you try to tape 6 modules of calisthenics back to back. 🙂

Thanks for alerting me!

mdhakr
              Participant

Great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.