Arpeggio Frameworks

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Arpeggio Frameworks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    david walker
    Participant

Hi Richie,

I’ve been using the templates to complete the Arpeggio Framework exercises. On p. 24 there is a milestone that tells us to improvise over trad. 12 bar blues found in the lesson book p.28. I realized it is in the key of F, and that I’ve been completing the Arpeggio Framework Exercises in the Key of C.

In which key should I be completing the template exercises? I was thinking C because the bebop calisthenics drilled I,IV, V into my head in the key of C. But now I’m second guessing myself.

Thanks,

Dave

Richie
      Keymaster

F or C is fine.The whole point of the patterns is that they are not “key dependent”…in other words they can be played in any key.

david walker
        Participant

Okay, I understand,thanks.

Romano Antico
          Participant

Hi Richie,
            sorry about the silly question but I really can’t get the meaning of numbers after slash in sentence: Rhythm Groupings: 5 note / 1, 4, 5, 10
            What are 1, 4, 5, 10 ?

Thanks

Richie
            Keymaster

I always state that the arpeggio frameworks should be done only with my guidance in our Skype lessons. That’s why it is only offered to Platinum members. Jazz at this level is not meant to be taught through a book alone! I did not learn that way. Too much room for misunderstanding in general. You really need the feedback and guidance of someone who understands the process. Having said that, 2 out of every 3 platinum members who attempt to do it on their own later decide to take one of their included lessons with me only to find that they had done everything wrong!

Sorry and I truly hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ll be glad to answer all your questions regarding this and more, only after you start your lessons.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.