Arpeggio Frameworks

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Arpeggio Frameworks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Paterna
    Participant

Hi Richie,
      Just getting started with Exercise 1. In the description the Rhythm Grouping is listed as 4 note/1&3. Should we use that same Rhythm Grouping for variations 1a thru 1d? The reason I ask is in your two examples of exercise #3: variation 2b, page 10 and variation 2c, page 64 different Rhythm Groupings are used. But I don’t see where variation 2b and 2c were assigned their respective Rhythm Groupings. Other than it is just listed on the template.

Thanks,
      Tom

Richie
      Keymaster

The sample on p.10 is from exercise 3 while the sample on p. 64 is from exercise 6. So everything is different. The rhythm groupings assigned for each exercise are for all its variations. Is there a specific reason why you chose Exercise 1? It is the only exercise with a 4 note rhythm grouping and probably the most limited one due to the limited amount of options available.

By the way, if you want to do these on your own, that’s fine, but I strongly recommend that you do them under my supervision through Skype lessons as I will otherwise not be able to help you. At least to start out. There is too much room for misunderstanding due to a lack of more detailed interaction/feedback on both parts…

Thomas Paterna
        Participant

Thanks for the explanation Richie. Sorry I didn’t notice the different exercise numbers.
          I had no particular reason for choosing exercise 1. I just recently upgraded to Platinum and was going to work through the Arpeggio Framework a little, then schedule my first lesson with you. So it sounds like now would be a good time to get a lesson in. I will contact you separately to schedule that.

Thanks,
          Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.