Suggestions for preparing rhythm templates without guided tone options.

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Rhythm Templates & Original Etudes/Solos Suggestions for preparing rhythm templates without guided tone options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Grima
    Participant

Hi Richie,

I have just progressed through to rhythm template 6 in module 3. I understand that this does not include the guided tone options provided in earlier rhythm templates, but I am seeking your guidance on the best approach to tackle these.

Is the idea to firstly write out some guide tones, away from the guitar, to try and cover the range of approaches learnt to date or instead to play the lines I create and document the intervals as I play them with guitar in hand (without writing out the guide tones) or something else?

Just need a little help on how best to approach this exercise.

Thanks
      David

Richie
      Keymaster

Actually both ways you describe can work. I can’t give much guidance on this because the depth of explaining it is beyond the scope of what I can cover in writing. I usually guide my “one on one” students here after I can actually see and correct the previous “guided” templates.

The objective is to create a solo using the approach notes correctly, create a balanced range/contour, and use proper voice leading at the point of chord change to the closest guide tone.

David Grima
        Participant

Ok, thanks Richie. This helps.

Regards
          David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.