Discussion thread?

Home Forums (Vol1 & 2) Other Discussion thread?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    guitarplayer007
    Participant

Maybe use this for everyone?
      Ken

guitarplayer007
      Participant

Guess not…lol

Jazzy Beatle
        Participant

I guess we would have to be a bit more organized here and explain where we’re coming from. The JGF (Jazz Guitar Forum) thread reached over 300 posts in roughly 2 months. I’m not sure how this WordPress forum plugin will handle the onslaught of posts in the long run. It looks pretty basic and does not seem to have an advanced editor. My concern is that it might eventually affect the performance of the site itself. On the other hand, if it grows big enough Richie may consider upgrading to a dedicated forum site and software.

Anyway, if we are to create a study/discussion group thread/s we should probably do it by module. Each of us is at a different point in the course and works at a different pace. So if we create separate threads for each module, one would join the thread that corresponds to the module they’re working on and perhaps help out with the previous modules. Any topics already discussed can be linked to in a particular thread.

Another thing, once our memberships expire we won’t be able to participate. A dedicated forum site with no expiration date would be welcome. Just some thoughts to consider I suppose.

NB I would prefer the username to be displayed. I hope Richie can fix that.

Jazzy Beatle

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Jazzy Beatle.
          guitarplayer007
          Participant

Makes sense Beatle

Jazzy Beatle
            Participant

Found the way to change the display name.

Rob
              Participant

How did you do it? I don’t know why I’m appearing as “Mr”, when I never wrote that.

Jazzy Beatle
                Participant

Click the display name under your Gravatar and you’ll be taken to the page with extended menu underneath the Gravatar. Select Edit and change your Display Name option. Then scroll down, click on Update Profile and you’re done.

srlank
                  Participant

Just saying hello. I purchased a membership, but have been slow to start due to tying up the semester of a workshop. Thx for starting the thread.

guitarplayer007
                    Participant

Can’t find where we add a pic
                      Ken

Richie
                      Keymaster

You have to go to the Gravatar page:
                        https://en.gravatar.com/support/what-is-gravatar/

You have to register and then upload your picture. This will then appear on any Word Press Forum that you post in, such as this one.

guitarplayer007
                        Participant

thx Richie

Mike McKoy
                          Participant

Just a quick hello – and thanks for recommending the course. Looks great!

guitarplayer007
                            Participant

No problem, I had to start that thread on the other forum to let everyone know who is struggling with learning Jazz improv….Its already changing my playing and hopefully in a year or 2 I’ll sound like a jazz guitarist:)
                              Ken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.